Apologies for the random blog hiatus, I’ve been in a bit of a funk in which everything around me seems to be falling apart and I spend a lot of time fixing it. First was my laptop, which made both reading, commenting, and writing on blogs painful (literally gave me a headache since I was reading on our flatscreen tv). That was fixed on Tuesday of last week! The most recent, my car – I rear-ended someone on the interstate last week. Thankfully, everyone involved is ok – including the two passengers in the other car, me, my son, and little lady baby. Four hours of monitoring in L&D post-accident made sure all is well. I walked out of the hospital glowing that everything was okay with my little one. The car is still being fixed, but it’s fixable and we are thankful for that.
I’ve also been in a bit of a food funk lately. Lately I’ve just been drawing a blank with dinners, not a single creative juice is flowing. Today, I put a call out on Twitter to ask for people’s go-to summer faves and got some pretty awesome responses that I’m writing here both for my own benefit and for anyone else who might be in a bit of a funk as well. So called ttc life actually asked for a post too 🙂
The suggestions, all of which I plan to try in the near future and I’m really excited about:
- Slow cooker buffalo chicken from Steph at Blawnde’s Blog
- Red curry peanut noodles by So-Called TTC Life
- One pot wonder tomato basil pasta by Arch Mama (with cannelloni beans at the beginning and adding basil at the end so it’s just wilted)
- BBQ pork sliders (w Dr Pepper) or Sausage and Potato Bake from Not just an army wife
- Lettuce wraps from my Tosco Reno Eat Clean Cookbook (this one I actually thought of myself)
thanks to my tweeps for coming through – I’m actually excited to make dinner these next couple of weeks and try out some new recipes.
Have any favorites I should add to the list?