Bullet-points, because I haven’t been able to get it together to write a coherent post, sorry y’all. Here’s the latest in our trek to IVF 2013:
- Hosted a baby shower Saturday 4 hours away and survived to tell (it wasn’t so bad, though I am now dreading the next baby shower I am scheduled to throw February 9, especially if it’s on the heels of a IVF BFN).
- Got our IVF consent forms filled out, notarized, and turned into the clinic after much discussion and deliberation between C and I on all of those fun scenarios the clinic makes you decide on. For example, what to do with any leftover frozen embryos if we both die? If I die? If C dies? If we divorce? Just your regular light reading after a tiring weekend away.
- Started new diet per my acupuncturist recommendation (no dairy, avoid red meat, avoid sugar, avoid white and wheat flour, avoid peanuts, coffee. Mostly eating proteins, veggies, fruits.). It’s only day two, but it hasn’t been bad. I’m mostly finding I just need to plan meals out better and buy much more veggies.
- Still going back and forth on who and how to tell people about what’s going on. I need to tell more people so I don’t feel weird about asking for help when the time comes, but oh, how I hate doing it. More to come on this, I’m sure.
- My period is expected in a week, then it’s 2 weeks on BCPs, then I start stims a few days after that. I’m a little fuzzy on if I start BCPs on CD1 (I’m guessing no..) or later, then how long after that I would go in for monitoring to start stims. I need to nail this down and get a rough schedule so I have a better idea of what we’re dealing with. It’s all happening a bit faster than I expected, which kind of had me in panic mode earlier this week.
Less than a month until stims for IVF 2013. Holy sh!t. We’re doing this. It’s scary. It’s crazy. It’s huge. It’s expensive.
And…it’s exciting. I’m here, freaked out but moving forward just the same.
IVFers: question for you: Hubs and I are trying to get a better idea of what could happen as far as numbers could go with eggs and embryos. Could you comment and tell us how many eggs were retrieved, how many fertilized, how many were transferred and how many made it to freeze? I know it really varies from couple to couple depending on different factors, but I would just like to have some real-life scenarios to ponder. Thanks!